A BRIEF HISTORY
Placements was founded in 1987 to provide specialist recruitment services in Papua New Guinea, Indonesia, Solomon Islands, Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Placements' first contract award was in 1987 by Bechtel MKI for the supply of construction personnel for the construction of the Ok Tedi Mine Project in the Western Province of Papua New Guinea.
- Shortly after in 1989, Placements was awarded a contract with Chevron Pacific for the supply of personnel, development of pre-construction training programs and industrial relations studies for the Kutubu Oil Project in the Southern Highlands of Papua New Guinea.
- 29 years later due to a long history of operational performance, Placements still has contracts at these sites.
- Placements has worked across South East Asia placing personnel from all around the world to oil and gas, LNG, mining and construction projects. We are experienced in all phases of development of world class resource projects in remote areas.
- Placements has grown substantially since inception, but still values its core belief of providing a high quality and personalised service to a select group of Clients.
- Moving into the future, Placements intends to utilise its expertise in the provision of skilled labour by expanding into other geographies where our success can be replicated at other resource projects around the world.
- Awarded contract in 1987 with Bechtel MKI for the supply of construction personnel for the construction of the Ok Tedi Mine Project in the Western Province of Papua New Guinea. Awarded by BHP a recruitment and personnel contract for provision of mine start-up operations.
- Awarded contract by British Petroleum (BP) in 1991 to provide all Papua New Guinean operations personnel at Hides Gas in the Southern Highlands of PNG. In 2005, these personnel were transferred to Oil Search Kutubu Operations after Hides Gas Field was acquired by Oil Search Limited.
- Placer Pacific, Porgera Joint Venture and Misima Gold Mine - development of pre-construction training programs and recruitment of Expatriate, Papua New Guinean Citizen and Filipino trade personnel.
- Chevron Kutubu Project development of pre-construction training programs and recruitment of PNG Citizen and Expatriate personnel.
- Awarded numerous personnel supply contracts with Oil Search Limited covering exploration and drilling.
- Completion of the Ok Tedi Mine Waste Tailings Projects with International Pipeline Constructors in 2007 supplying in excess of 300+ personnel.
- Completion of the PcCon Pipeline Remediation Project at the Ok Tedi Mine with Monadelphous KT Pipelines (International Pipeline Constructions) in 2012.
- Awarded Master Service Agreement with ExxonMobil for the provision of PNG Citizen, Expatriate and TCN personnel for the PNG LNG Project.
- Completion of Million Ounce Plant Upgrade Project (MOPU) in conjunction with partner Process Plants International for Newcrest Mining Limited at the Lihir Gold Mine.